I ate my weight in cherries this summer. Seriously, I ate them like they were going out of style. Maybe because they were. Don’t get me wrong, I love pumpkin and apples as much as the next food blogger, but cherry season is way too short. Luckily, dried cherries are available all year long. If you’ve never had a dried cherry, you’re really missing out. They taste like candy, but they’re healthier.
These dark chocolate, cherry, and almond clusters are probably the healthiest dessert on this blog, and they’ll only take a few minutes of your time. In fact, the only appliance required to make these is your microwave, and depending on what chocolate you use, they can easily be made vegan. Have I mentioned that they’re also delicious? Seriously, folks, make these. You won’t regret it.
- 1 cup toasted almonds, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup dried cherries, coarsely chopped
- 6 ounces dark chocolate (60-70 percent cocoa), finely chopped
- Line a baking sheet with parchment or waxed paper.
- In a medium bowl, combine the chopped almonds and cherries.
- Place 3 ounces of the chopped chocolate in a microwave safe bowl.
- On 50 % power, microwave the chocolate on 30 second intervals, stirring after each interval until melted.
- Stir the remaining 3 ounces of the chopped chocolate into the melted chocolate, and stir until smooth.
- Add the chopped cherries and almonds are stir to combine.
- Spoon heaping tablespooons of the mixture onto the lined baking sheet.
- Refrigerate for about 20 minutes, until set.
Adapted from BHG